The program is free and confidential and offers one-on-one tutoring to learners 19 years of age and older.
Learners are paired with a tutor and receive individualized tutoring specific to their needs and interests. Tutor and learner meet for approximately one to three hours per week in a public space, such as a library.
Learn with a Friend is a partnership between Surrey Libraries, Progressive Intercultural Community Services (PICS) and Kwantlen Polytechnic University.
Volunteers with Learn with a Friend will provide literacy/numeracy tutoring and support of adult learners on a one-to-one basis.
• Excellent reading, writing and oral communication skills.*
• High School graduation or equivalent.
• Competent in areas of reading, writing, and math.
• At least 19 years of age.
* Because you will be training others, only those with a ‘high-level’ command of English will be considered.
If you would like to become a volunteer, please fill out the application form.
Contact Eva at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-596-7722 (PICS).