Terms and Conditions of Use
Read the terms and conditions of use first
All persons using the meeting rooms are subject to the general rules, regulations and policies of the Library. Individuals/groups using the meeting rooms may not interfere with the regular ongoing functions of the Library. The Library reserves the right to determine if an event is interfering with Library use. Library staff do not store belongings, equipment or run messages for individuals/groups using the meeting rooms.
- When not in use by Surrey Public Library, the Libraries’ meeting rooms may be booked by community organizations. Meeting rooms are available only during Library open hours.
- The Library may refuse permission if the meeting room usage is not in accordance with Library policies and Library Facilities Regulation By-law No. 13804 and Schedule 24 of By-law No. 12508. Permission to use the rooms does not imply the Libraries endorsement of the users, their beliefs or their activities.
- Activities that result in more than normal wear and tear, cause disruption or are a safety hazard, will not be permitted. If meeting rooms are not left in their original condition, a cleaning charge may be administered.
- The Library reserves the right to revoke meeting room privileges at any time.
- A cancellation charge of 50% of the rental fee will be made for bookings cancelled within 7 days of the rental date. The full rental rate will be charged for bookings cancelled within 24 hours of the rental date.
- For further information, review Surrey Libraries’ Policy Manual
- Groups must purchase insurance to cover all times room is in use. Exceptions may be made if the City of Surrey is additionally insured on your policy for a minimum of 2 million liability. You will receive a link in your confirmation email to a convenient and inexpensive insurance for purchase online.
1.2 Waiver and Indemnity — please read carefully and, if acceptable, click “I Accept”
In consideration of acceptance of being permitted to use the above requested meeting room, I agree to indemnify and save harmless, the Surrey Public Library and the City of Surrey, their respective elected and appointed officials, employees, agents, officers, servants and representatives (collectively referred to as the "Owners") from and against any and all claims, actions, costs, judgments and expenses and demands in respect to death, injury, loss, expense or damage to person or property incurred by myself, the party whom I act for as agent, or any third party, due to any cause whatsoever, including negligence or any breach of any common law or statutory duty of care, including any duty of care owed under the Occupiers Liability Act, R.S.B.C. 1996, c. 337, as amended, on the part of the Owners.