Developmentally Disabled Services
READ-Ability Book Club Kits
Kits include 10 high interest/low vocabulary books and a reading guide. To be used in the library or care facility by care workers and their clients.
Find READ-Ability Book Club kits in the library catalogue.
Stories for Individuals with Developmental Disabilities
Spoken and written word stories designed especially for teens and adults with developmental disabilities and their caregivers.
Check the events calendar for dates and times.
Learn more about what to expect at Stories for Individuals with Developmental Disabilities.
Clients love to be out in the community. Here are some guidelines to consider before visiting the library:
- Develop a routine by scheduling regular self-directed visits to the library to borrow and return books
- Talk to your clients before visiting about acceptable behaviour in the library
- Remain with your group and support their use of the library
- Allow clients to be flexible in their choice of reading material
- Book a library tour! Call your local library to make an appointment.
A fun way to prepare clients for a library visit is to read aloud a story about the library. Find materials in the library catalogue
For more information contact Ilona Stachura, Manager of READ-Ability & Outreach Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-598-7396.