Friday, September 16, 2022
Track your reading and complete activities with Surrey Libraries this fall. Readers of all ages can join us on Beanstack and enter to win an Indigo gift card.
For our Fall into Reading challenge, log your time spent reading through the fall.
For our Love Your Library challenge, complete library related activities throughout October. These fun activities and the challenge are to celebrate Canadian Library Month.
Complete both challenges for more reading fun and double the chance to win!
Fall Beanstack Contests - Official Rules
1) Entry Period
- The Fall into Reading Contest begins on September 22, 2022 and ends at 11:59 pm on December 21, 2022.
- The Love Your Library Contest begins on October 1, 2022 and ends at 11:59 pm on October 31, 2022.
- If you are under the age of 14, you need permission from your parent or guardian to enter these contests.
- Winners must be a resident of Surrey.
- Winners must answer a skill‐testing question to claim a Prize.
- Winners under the age of 14 will need to obtain written consent of their parent or guardian to claim the Prize.
- Surrey Public Library and City of Surrey employees and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter these contests.
3) How To Enter
- You must be a registered user of 2022’s Fall into Reading challenge and/or Love Your Library challenge through Beanstack.
- Users who have logged 10 hours of reading or more will be automatically entered into the draw for the Fall into Reading contest.
- Users who have completed five or more activities in the Love Your Library challenge will be automatically entered into the draw for the Love Your Library contest.
- One contest entry is allowed per person per challenge.
4) Intellectual Property
- Upon submission of your entry to the Contest, you irrevocably grant to Surrey Public Library the non‐exclusive, perpetual, royalty‐free, no‐cost license and right to use your entry in any medium including streaming media, film, television, print, interactive devices, mobile media, Internet and online systems, and digital billboards.
- Surrey Public Library has the right to use your contest entry in any merchandising, advertising, marketing, or promotion. You agree that Surrey Public Library shall have the discretion in determining the extent and manner of use of entries and is not obligated to use any entry.
- You understand that all entries that are posted on the Surrey Libraries website and related social media may be available to be viewed by anyone with access to the Internet.
5) Winners And Odds
- Winning entry for each contest will be drawn randomly from all eligible entries received.
- There is one Grand Prize of a $25 Indigo gift card for each of the two contests.
- Winner of the Love Your Library contest will be notified on or before November 9, 2022.
- Winner of the Fall into Reading contest will be notified on or before January 5, 2023.
- Winners will be notified by the email address provided when they registered for a Beanstack account.
- Winners must provide their Surrey Libraries card number to confirm eligibility.
- Winners must answer a skill-testing question to claim the Prize.
- The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
- The Prize must be accepted as awarded and is non-transferable. No substitution of the Prize is permitted. The Prize cannot be returned for a cash refund.
6) Terms & Conditions
- By participating, you agree to
- abide by the Official Rules and the decisions of Surrey Public Library, which shall be final in all respects;
- release, discharge and hold harmless the Surrey Public Library from all liability, claims or damages, arising out of your participation in the Contest and the acceptance, use or misuse of a prize;
- allow Surrey Public Library to publish your name as a prize winner; and
- allow Surrey Public Library to take your photo and use that image in its publications and promotions.
- Surrey Public Library reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Contest and cancel or refuse any entry.
- Surrey Public Library adheres to both federal and provincial privacy legislation. Surrey Libraries is authorized to collect personal information under the authority of the Library Act and section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Personal information is collected for the purposes of Library services promotion and contacting prize winners. For questions regarding the collection of personal information, please contact the Director of Administrative Services, 10350 University Drive, Surrey, BC, V3T 4B8; 604-598-7303.
- Any personal information collected during this Contest will not be shared with third parties except as described in these Official Rules.
8) Governing Law
- These Official Contest Rules are subject to the laws of the Province of British Columbia and the applicable laws of Canada.