- Remember to note the due date.
- Renew if you need more time.
- Return materials on time so others can enjoy them too.
- Extremely late materials will be considered lost.
- Replacement charges plus processing fees apply on items not returned 38 days past the due date.
- Processing fees apply to Adult and Junior lost items, this includes returned items.
- If a lost item is returned, the replacement charge will be removed, but the processing fees still apply.
- You cannot borrow any more materials if you have $20 or more owing in fees.
- If you have existing charges and are experiencing financial hardship, please talk to branch staff to discuss your options.
- Cards are updated annually. All outstanding charges must be paid at that time. Outstanding charges must also be paid on expired cards before can be renewed.
- Parents & Guardians are responsible for any fees and charges on their child’s account (ages 0-18).
- Some Library brochures may include outdated information about overdue fines.
- Materials borrowed from other libraries (interlibrary loans) are subject to fees charged from those libraries.
Charges For Lost or Damaged Materials
The fee for a lost or damaged item is the price listed in the Library record. The Library does not accept replacement copies for lost or damaged materials. Wet items are considered damaged. In addition to the item replacement cost, a processing fee is charged on all lost or damaged items.
|Processing fee – catalogued items||$8.00|
|Processing fee – uncatalogued items & magazines||$5.00|
|eReader (Processing & Replacement)||$175.00|
|Dash Robot Kit (Processing & Replacement)||$335.00|
|Storytime kit (Processing & Replacement)||$300.00|
|Damage Fees – Minor Damage||$3.00|
|Damage Fees – Barcode/RFID TAG Replacement||$1.00|
|Compact Disc Case||$2.00|
|Loose-leaf CD Album Case||$3.25|
|Audiobook Cases (range by size)|
|1-6 Disc Case||$2.00|
|1-8 Disc Case||$3.00|
|1-12 Disc Case||$3.50|
|1-16 Disc Case||$4.50|
|1-24 Disc Case||$10.00|