We have six TLCs at City Centre, Clayton-Cloverdale, Fleetwood, Guildford, Newton-Strawberry Hill, and Semiahmoo. TLC members give back to their community by planning events and advising the library of library services that are meaningful to the teen community.
- 13–18 years of age
- A Surrey Libraries card
- A Police Information Check (PIC)
- Enjoy working in a team
- Interest in youth issues in Surrey
- Interest in library services for teens
- Reliable and punctual
- Respectful of others
- Meeting once a month, in-person or online on Teams
- Leading 1 meeting on your own or with other TLC members.
- Additional meetings for program planning if required.
- Attending and leading TLC programs.
- Responding to emails from your TLC supervisor
- Completion of a Teen Library Council survey
TLC members will receive volunteer hours for attending meetings and leading programs. You must notify your TLC supervisor if you are going to be absent due to illness or other commitments. These meetings are important planning sessions. If you are unable to attend three monthly meetings in a row, your TLC membership may be revoked.
How to Apply
Applications are now closed.
Priority is given to returning members. New members are accepted first come, first serve until we reach our maximum number for each TLC.
Your application form must be submitted by email to email@example.com by the closing date. Your Police Information Check (PIC) must be submitted in person by August 31. Please follow the instructions in the application form carefully.
Meetings are held September to June.
- City Centre: The 2nd Wednesday of every month except Oct 12
- Clayton-Cloverdale: The 2nd Tuesday of every month
- Fleetwood: The 2nd Wednesday of every month
- Guildford: The 2nd Tuesday of every month
- Newton-Strawberry Hill: The 2nd Thursday of every month
- Semiahmoo: The 2nd Tuesday of the month