Kids of all ages can join the Club to earn stickers, virtual badges and a Super Reader Medal. It is free, and even younger kids can join and listen to stories. Participate in-person, online, or both. We have all kinds of fun in-person and online activities.
How it works
- Get your Summer Reading Club materials. Register at any of our 10 branches. Receive a reading record to track your reading, a temporary tattoo, a bookmark and a prize draw entry. You can also request materials for family and friends.
- Read all summer and set personal reading goals. We recommend at least 15 minutes a day for 49 days. Visit to collect your stickers. One sticker for every 7 days of reading.
- Join Programs: check our events calendar for fun programs, both in-person and online.
- Earn a Medal. Beginning in August, after finishing your reading goal, visit your branch to pick up your medal and enter in our Grand Prize Contest.
- Register online (optional): Starting on June 13 visit the BC SRC website and your grown-up can help you register. Set your reading goal, earn virtual badges, and participate in great weekly online activities.