- home delivery to eligible patrons
- specialized collections for print disabilities
- assistive technology
- a range of other services
We offer delivery to eligible patrons including those confined to home, hospital, care facility or seniors without transportation.
Find books to encourage conversation in those with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of memory loss.
We have events, materials, and a welcoming space for individuals and their caregivers.
We work with you to meet your needs through specialized collections for print disabilities and equipment.
Books, media & equipment
- Regular and large print books
- Audiobooks recorded on CD, MP3 CD, and DAISY CD
- Centre for Equitable Library Access (CELA) Collection
- DAISY players for loan
- Enhanced vision station (magnifies print up to 70 times)
Assistive Technology Station with
- JAWS screen reading software
- Kurzweil 3000 optical character recognition software (transfer print items to computer readable script)
- ZoomText magnifier and reader
- Large print keyboard
- Touch screen monitor
What is a print disability?
Any disability that stops a person from reading print in its original format including:
- serious to complete sight impairment
- the inability to hold or manipulate a book
- an impairment relating to comprehension
Not sure if you qualify? Ask us.
Join us for our monthly book club! We will read a new title each month, and have a friendly discussion!
Each book club kit contains ten copies of a single recommended title to stimulate discussion.
Stories, music and fun adapted for adults and teens with diverse abilities and their support people.
Read or listen to books on the go for those with print or audio disabilities.
Downloadable eBooks and audiobooks for people with print disabilities that prevent them from reading a traditional book. Provided by National Network for Equitable Library Service (NNELS)
Centre for Equitable Library Access (CELA) provides access to a collection of over 230,000 books, magazines, and newspapers in accessible formats for adults, teens, and children who have a print disability.
Download eBooks, audiobooks, and magazines to your device! Use the Libby app.
|Saturday||Call ahead for Saturday appointments.|