We are currently booking meeting rooms at most branches.
Booking a Meeting Room
Rates listed include all taxes. Rental rates subject to change.
Contact our administration staff either by phone or our booking form.
Tel: 604-598-7300 at Library Administration
Library Meeting Rooms
- City Centre Branch
- Clayton Branch
- Cloverdale Branch
- Fleetwood Branch
- Guildford Branch
- Newton Branch
- Ocean Park Branch
- Semiahmoo Branch
- Strawberry Hill Branch
Terms & Conditions
When not in use by Surrey Public Library, the Libraries’ meeting rooms may be booked by community organizations. Meeting rooms are available only during Library open hours, and using the meeting rooms is subject to the general rules, regulations and policies of the Library. Please note that library staff do not store belongings, assist with meetings, equipment or run messages for individuals/groups using the meeting rooms.
- Room usage must be in accordance with Library Policies and Library Facilities Regulation By-law No. 13804 and Schedule 24 of By-law No. 12508. The Library reserves the right to deny or cancel meeting room privileges at any time.
- Organizations with existing insurance coverage are requested to name the City of Surrey as additionally insured on your policy for a minimum of 2 million liability.
- A cancellation charge of 50% of the rental fee will be made for bookings cancelled within 7 days of the rental date. The full rental rate will be charged for bookings cancelled within 24 hours of the rental date.
- Rooms must be left in original condition. Repairs and excessive cleaning may be charged back.
- Permission to use the rooms does not imply the Libraries endorsement of the users, their beliefs or their activities.
When using the meeting room
- Follow current Provincial Health Officer (PHO) orders related to public indoor settings and indoor organized gatherings and events.
- Respect room capacity limits.
- Enter at the beginning of your reservation, and leave the room promptly by the end of your reservation.
- Set up and clean up the meeting room within your reserved time.
- Keep noise at an acceptable level to avoid disturbing other library patrons. No parties, candles, open flame, alcohol allowed.
- Be respectful when dealing with Library staff.
- Approaching library users in the library or inviting library users entering/leaving the library to come into the meeting room, is not permitted.
- Use only what’s provided in the room unless otherwise specified, and bring your own equipment or supplies as needed. Ask staff if unsure.
If the terms and conditions you have agreed to are not followed, your group may be asked to leave the premises.
Waiver and Indemnity
In consideration of acceptance of being permitted to use the above requested meeting room, I agree to indemnify and save harmless, the Surrey Public Library and the City of Surrey, their respective elected and appointed officials, employees, agents, officers, servants and representatives (collectively referred to as the "Owners") from and against any and all claims, actions, costs, judgments and expenses and demands in respect to death, injury, loss, expense or damage to person or property incurred by myself, the party whom I act for as agent, or any third party, due to any cause whatsoever, including negligence or any breach of any common law or statutory duty of care, including any duty of care owed under the Occupiers Liability Act, R.S.B.C. 1996, c. 337, as amended, on the part of the Owners.
You will need to accept the terms and conditions before your reservation is confirmed.