10350 University Drive
Surrey BC V3T 4B8
- Accessibility Information
- 77,000 sq. ft. over 4 floors
- Self-checkout Stations for quick service during peak hours and enhanced privacy
- Book return available 24 hours a day
- Free computers, scanner and Wi-Fi
- Eduroam Wi-Fi for university students from participating institutions
- Printing & photocopying (20 cents black & white; 40 cents colour)
- Mobile Printing services for submitting print jobs from your own device from anywhere
- Computer classroom
- Accessibility Services Main Office
- Electric vehicle charging station
- Public art: Marks, West Coast Landscape, Prototype for a Bathroom, and Blankets
- LEED GOLD certified green building
- Meditation room
- Bookable small group study rooms
- Meeting rooms available for rent
This branch features local artists and crafters: Apply to use our display space
Free two-hour limited parking is available on P1 for visitors to the City Centre branch. Parking is available during regular hours of operation.
- Park on P1 in any undesignated available spot
- For stays under two hours, register your license plate number in the kiosk on ground floor of the library branch.
For longer stays, you can pay for parking on P1 using terminals in the parking facility. Paid parking is also available on P2 and P3 outside of City Hall business hours (Monday to Friday: 8:30am–4:30pm). You can pay by credit card or with your phone using the Passport Parking app.
Current Pay Rates as of September 19, 2023
- $1.50 Each Hour or Portion
- $3 Evening Flat Rate parking (4pm to 8am the next morning)
- $4 Weekend Day Rate (8am - 4:30pm - Sat, Sun & Holidays)
Parking & Transit Options
- 2 accessible parking stalls, in the branch portion of the underground parkade. Additional spots are available in the rest of the parkade.
- Surrey Central Station is 150m from the branch. Sidewalks are wide and will lit between the station and the branch. Stops are covered and seating is available. Skytrain Expo Line, and Translink bus routes, R1, 314, 316, 320, 321, 323, 324, 325, 326, 329, 335, 337, 371, 373, 393, 501, 502, 503, 509 can be accessed here.
Branch Accessibility Features
- Motion sensitive automatic doors at library entrances.
- Accessible stalls in each washroom, including the children’s washrooms
- Wheelchair accessible from parking to four floors by elevator.
- Location of Accessibility Services department: Offers home delivery to eligible patrons, specialized collections for print disabilities, assistive technology, and a range of other services.
- Assistive Technology Station featuring a height adjustable desk, large print keyboard, JAWS screen reading software, and Zoomtext magnifier and reader.
- Large-print books
- Audiobooks on CD, and MP3 CD
- eAudiobooks and eBooks with adjustable font through Overdrive/Libby
- Home delivery available through our Accessibility Services Department
- Only service dogs with certification from the BC government will be allowed.