Track your reading and enter to win prizes.
Visit your local branch and pick up a reading record. Track your reading and drop off your finished record to be entered to win an iPad or Chapters Indigo gift card! Here’s how it works:
- Read for 15 hours. Audiobooks count too! Each sun equals 20 minutes of reading. Fill in the suns as you read.
- Bring your completed log to the library by August 31 and enter for a chance to win an iPad. One entry per person.
Eligibility for Grand Prizes for Adult Summer Reading Program
1) Entry Period
- The Contest begins at 10AM July 2, 2023 and ends at 8PM August 31, 2023.
- One entry per person.
- You must be 19 years old or older to participate.
- Employees and immediate family members of City of Surrey employees are not eligible to win a grand prize.
4) Intellectual Property
- Upon submission of your entry to the Contest, you irrevocably grant to Surrey Public Library the non‐exclusive, perpetual, royalty‐free, no‐cost license and right to use your entry in any medium including streaming media, film, television, print, interactive devices, mobile media, Internet and online systems, and digital billboards.
- Surrey Public Library has the right to use your contest entry in any merchandising, advertising, marketing, or promotion. You agree that Surrey Public Library shall have the discretion in determining the extent and manner of use of entries and is not obligated to use any entry.
- You understand that all entries that are posted on the Surrey Libraries website and related social media may be available to be viewed by anyone with access to the Internet.
5) Winners and Odds
- Winning entries will be drawn randomly from all eligible entries received.
- There is one Grand Prize of an iPad.
- There will be 10 gift cards to Chapters Indigo of $25. There is one gift card for each library branch in Surrey Libraries.
- Winners will be notified by the phone number provided when they entered the contest.
- Winners must answer a skill-testing question to claim the Prize.
- The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
- The Prize must be accepted as awarded and is non-transferable. No substitution of the Prize is permitted. The Prize cannot be returned for a cash refund.
6) Terms and Conditions
- By participating, you agree to
- abide by the Official Rules and the decisions of Surrey Public Library, which shall be final in all respects;
- release, discharge and hold harmless the Surrey Public Library from all liability, claims or damages, arising out of your participation in the Contest and the acceptance, use or misuse of a prize;
- allow Surrey Public Library to publish your name as a prize winner; and
- allow Surrey Public Library to take your photo and use that image in its publications and promotions.
- Surrey Public Library reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Contest and cancel or refuse any entry.
- Surrey Public Library adheres to both federal and provincial privacy legislation. Surrey Libraries is authorized to collect personal information under the authority of the Library Act and section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Personal information is collected for the purposes of Library services promotion and contacting prize winners. For questions regarding the collection of personal information, please contact the Director of Administrative Services, 10350 University Drive, Surrey, BC, V3T 4B8; 604-598-7303.
- Any personal information collected during this Contest will not be shared with third parties except as described in these Official Rules.
8) Governing Law
- These Official Contest Rules are subject to the laws of the Province of British Columbia and the applicable laws of Canada.