Want to design a bookmark that will be made and given out at all Surrey Libraries? Enter the Teen Bookmark Contest, hosted by the Clayton/Cloverdale Teen Library Council.
From November 1–30 use our template (also at all branches) to create a bookmark with the theme, “What Libraries Mean to Me”. Submit it to your local Surrey Libraries branch or email it to email@example.com.
Contest is open to teens ages 12-18. Two winners will have their designs turned into official Surrey Libraries bookmarks. They will also receive a $15 Indigo gift card.
Winners will be selected at the December meeting of the Clayton/Cloverdale Teen Library Council.
Read the full Contest Guidelines:
- ENTRY PERIOD
•The Contest begins at 9:30 am on November 1, 2023 and ends at 11:59 pm on November 30, 2023
• You must be between the ages of 12 and 18 years of age on November 30, 2023.
• If you are under the age of 14, you need permission from your parent or guardian to enter this contest.
• If you are under the age of 14, you must receive the written consent of your parent or guardian to claim a Prize if you are chosen as a winner of this contest.
• Surrey Public Library and City of Surrey employees and their immediate family members not eligible to enter.
- HOW TO ENTER
• Between November 1 and 30, enter your drawing, sized 2.75 x 8.25 inches to any Surrey Libraries Branch, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name and to confirm eligibility, also include your age and phone number.
• Late entries will not be accepted.
• By entering, you accept all responsibility and liability if you submit someone else’s work.
• Enter as often as you wish.
- BOOKMARK GUIDELINES
• Bookmark theme is “What Libraries Mean to Me”
• Bookmark must be sized 2.75 x 8.25 inches
• All submitted drawings must be your own work.
• Your design must not be obscene or otherwise inappropriate, as determined by Surrey Public Library in its sole discretion.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
• Upon submission of your entry to the Contest, you irrevocably grant to Surrey Public Library the non‐exclusive, perpetual, royalty‐free, no‐cost license and right to use your entry in any medium including streaming media, film, television, print, interactive devices, mobile media, Internet and online systems, and digital billboards.
• Surrey Public Library will have the right to use your entry in any merchandising, advertising, marketing, or promotion. You agree that Surrey Public Library shall have the discretion in determining the extent and manner of use of entries and is not obligated to use any entry.
• You understand that all entries that are posted on the Surrey Libraries website and related social media may be available to be viewed by anyone with access to the Internet.
- WINNERS AND ODDS
• Winning entries will be decided by a vote by the members of the Clayton/Cloverdale Teen Library Council
• There will be two grand prize winners who will get their bookmark printed by Surrey Libraries as well as a $15 Indigo Gift Card
• There will be a minimum of 3 runners‐up who will each be award smaller prizes valued under $20.
• Winners will be announced after December 14, 2023 on Surrey Libraries Website.
• Winners will be notified by the email address provided when they entered the contest.
• The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received, and the quality of the entries as determined by voting.
• The Prize must be accepted as awarded and is non‐transferable. No substitution of the Prize is permitted. The Prize cannot be returned for a cash refund.
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• By participating, you agree to
(a) abide by the Official Rules and the decisions of Surrey Public Library, which shall be final in all respects;
(b) release, discharge and hold harmless Surrey Public Library from all liability, claims or damages, arising out of your participation in the Contest and the acceptance, use or misuse of a Prize;
(c) allow Surrey Public Library to publish your name as a prize winner; and
(d) allow Surrey Public Library to take your photo and use that image in its publications
• Surrey Public Library reserve the right to cancel or suspend this Contest and cancel or
refuse any entry.
• Surrey Public Library adheres to both federal and provincial privacy legislation. Surrey Public Library is authorized to collect personal information under the authority of the Library Act and section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Personal information is collected for the purposes of Library services promotion and contacting prize winners. For questions regarding the collection of personal information, please contact the Director of Administrative Services, 10350 University Drive, Surrey, BC, V3T 4B8; 604‐598‐7303.
• Any personal information collected during this Contest will not be shared with third parties except as described in these Official Rules
- GOVERNING LAW
• These Official Contest Rules are subject to the laws of the Province of British Columbia and the applicable laws of Canada