Adapted Stories for Adults and Teens
Friday, September 29 2023, 10:30–11:15am
City Centre Branch
Stories to invigorate the mind
Stories, music and fun adapted for adults and teens with diverse abilities and their support people.
What to expect at our stories?
Tips for Clients:
- Have Fun. Be an active participant, listen and sing along.
- Bring Your Inside Voice. Be prepared to keep your voice down when using other areas of the library.
- Borrow Books. Bring your library card and borrow books to enjoy at home. Please remember to return them before their due date.
Tips for Support People:
- Enjoy Stories with your Clients. Please remain with your clients at all times. This is an opportunity to learn new stories, songs and rhymes that you can share and repeat with clients.
- Talk to your Client before Stories. Discuss going to the library and acceptable library behaviour. Please be positive and enthusiastic, but let the client know which behaviours may disturb other library users. Please note: Program presenters are taught not to engage in physical contact with program participants.
- Take a Break. Some days your client might not feel like participating in this 30 minute program. Please take a moment to leave the Stories to settle your client until she or he is ready to join again.
- READ-Ability Book Club Kits. The library has kits of high interest/low vocabulary books and reading guides which may be used in the library or at a care facility by care workers and their clients. Find READ-Ability Book Club kits in the catalogue.
We also have a YouTube playlist of Stories.