Library Champions Information Session
New Immigrants Helping Other New Immigrants
Many new immigrants are not using libraries and do not know about all of the wonderful services and programs that libraries offer. As a volunteer Library Champion, you will share information about library programs and services with new immigrants and encourage them to become library users.
As a Library Champion, you will:
- Expand your knowledge of library services and programs
- Build communication and presentation skills
- Make a valuable contribution to the community
- Receive a certificate of achievement upon completion of the Library Championship
- Get a volunteer work reference for the period of active Library Championship
- Receive support to cover transportation costs
Become a Library Champion! You should attend this session if you are:
- Want to volunteer
- Love libraries and helping other people
- 19 years of age or older
- A permanent resident, but not yet a Canadian citizen
This will be an online information session using Zoom.
This project was developed by NewToBC a partnership between the Libraries and Literacy Branch (LLB) of the Ministry of Education and the Immigrant Integration and Multiculturalism Branch of the Ministry of Jobs, Tourism and Innovation. A project facilitator has been hired by Interlink, to run the training sessions and coordinate the project. More than 50 libraries across Greater Vancouver and the Fraser Valley are a part of the Library Champions Project. The project is also supported by numerous immigrant-serving organizations and community agencies which assist with project promotion and referrals.
Personal Information is collected for the purposes of facilitating registration for and providing information to prospective participants about the upcoming cycle of the Library Champions Project. Public Library InterLINK collects this information under s.26 of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. For questions regarding the collection of personal information, please contact the project facilitators, Helene Rasmussen at email@example.com or Branka Vlasic at firstname.lastname@example.org.